CET Journeys: Custom Short-Term Study Abroad Programs
CET Journeys, a division of CET Academic Programs, helps study abroad staff and faculty develop and administer short-term study abroad programs for groups of students at their institutions.
Short-term programs offer great educational value. However, they also require tremendous time and energy to organize. With CET Journeys’ extensive staffing resources and longstanding experience administering programs, you can offer your students a quality program without over-taxing your resources.
CET Journeys can create any kind of program to suit the particular needs of your students. Do you need a faculty-led trip with courses taught by your university’s professors? Do you need a residential program that utilizes a CET center for academics and accommodations? Do you want to design a traveling program that visits several locations? CET staff can start with a location and arrange the entire Journey, or we can simply provide logistical support to your academic plan.
You provide the vision. CET provides the resources.
When: When Can CET Operate Journeys?
CET Journeys can be created for a January term, Maymester, August term, alternative spring break, summer or partial semester.
What: What Services Can CET Provide?
You decide how much assistance your program needs. CET Journeys offers any combination of these services:
- Fashion Design
- Film Production
- Jewish Studies
- Language & Literature
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Service-learning placement and support
- Internship placement and support
- Local roommates or language partners
- Excursions, hands-on activities, panel discussions and lectures by specialists
- Comprehensive medical insurance, including evacuation coverage
- Program promotion
- Admissions procedures
- Pre-departure information and mailings
- Pre-departure orientation session
- Post-program evaluation
- Visa processing
- International airline tickets
- Accommodations (dormitory, hotel, homestay or guest house) for students and faculty
- Local transportation
- Assistance and supervision provided by CET staff
Where: Where Can Journeys Take Your Students?
CET has centers in 14 cities. In addition, CET works with colleagues from its parent organization, Academic Travel Abroad (ATA), to provide customized service around the world. ATA is an international travel company that has specialized in designing travel programs for educational and cultural organizations for over half a century.
Here’s where we can design Journeys:
|• Australia||• Egypt||• Ireland||• Norway|
|• Austria||• England||• Israel||• Panama|
|• Belize||• Ethiopia||• Italy||• Poland|
|• Bermuda||• France||• Japan||• Portugal|
|• Bhutan||• Galapagos/Ecuador||• Jordan||• Russia|
|• Cambodia||• Germany||• Mongolia||• Spain|
|• China||• Greece||• Morocco||• Thailand|
|• Costa Rica||• Guatemala||• Nepal||• Tunisia|
|• Cuba*||• Hungary||• Netherlands||• USA|
|• Czech Republic||• Iceland||• New Zealand||• Vietnam|
* CET Academic Programs is a division of Academic Travel Abroad. Travel arrangements for Cuba programs are provided by Academic Travel Abroad, a company who holds a Travel Services Provider license issued by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the US Department of the Treasury.
Here’s what some of our partners have to say about us. Need another referral? Contact CET.