Study Abroad in the Czech Republic: New Media in Prague
Study Abroad in Prague, Czech Republic: Features
- Based at Center for Audio Visual Studies, the art school within FAMU.
- Installations with interactive video, locative and mobile media, code-based projects, multi-channel and multi-threaded sound and images.
- Hands-on mentorship and critique sessions with FAMU faculty and visiting artists.
- Courses taught in English. There is no language prerequisite.
- Previous experience with New Media is required.
- Open in the spring semester only.
What is New Media? “…New media arts consist of so many practices and every new media artist works differently….I think if there is one thing that all new media artists have in common, it’s their desire to use technologies, no matter how high-tech or low-fi, in interesting and thought provoking ways.” – Braden League, Maryland Institute College of Art, Prague Spring 2014
Study Abroad in Prague, Czech Republic: Details
|Program Length||16 weeks|
|Recommended Credits||14 to 18|