Study Abroad in the Czech Republic: Film Production in Prague
Study Abroad in Prague, Czech Republic: Features
- Based at FAMU, the Film and Television School of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague.
- Students choose their medium: 16mm, 35mm (for advanced students in the fall), digital (for documentary students in the fall).
- Collaboration in small groups with Czech students, international students and CET peers.
- Courses taught in English. There is no language prerequisite.
- Previous film experience is strongly encouraged in fall & spring.
- No experience necessary for summer.
“Never again will you have the luxury of being a young budding filmmaker, free in a beautiful city in Europe. This is my current reality. Nothing is better. I guess I am saying that if you are wondering if you should drop everything for a four-month taste of life outside the US, stop wondering. Do it.” – John Belanger, Johns Hopkins University, Film Production Spring 2013
Study Abroad in Prague, Czech Republic: Details
|Semester||Fall 2013||Spring 2014||Summer 2014||Fall 2014|
|Program Length||16 weeks||16 weeks||7 weeks||16 weeks|
|Recommended Credits||14 to 18||13 to 18||7||13 to 18|
Please note that unlike other CET programs, the CET Film program does not use rolling admissions. Click here for more information about application deadlines.