Join NAFSA in celebrating international education—enter NAFSA’s second annual video competition and highlight your international education programs. Share your videos showcasing the real and positive impacts of international education.
Submit a video (five minutes or shorter) by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on Wednesday, April 17. The winning videos will be featured at the 2013 Annual Conference & Expo in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. Visit the contest home page for more details.
CET is celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2012. The first CET group studied in Beijing in the summer of 1982 and over a quarter-century later, we headed south to Shanghai, launching a program there in 2008. Last month, CET alumni, staff, faculty, roommates and study abroad professionals came together at the M on the Bund bar/restaurant to celebrate 30 wonderful years, the vibrant and growing field of study abroad, and one of the world’s most dynamic cities: Shanghai. Executive Director, Mark Lenhart shared with guests how excited he was to be thirty years old, and introduce CET alumnus, Jamie Fleishman. Jamie studied abroad with CET in Beijing during the Spring 2010 and recently won first place in the CET alumni video/blog contest. Watch his first place alumni video here: http://cetacademicprograms.com/2012/05/11/happy-birthday-cet
In addition to showing his winning alumni video, Jamie also introduced The Stars of CET video, which features footage from the 30th Anniversary events held in Beijing this past June.
Check out The Stars of CET video here:
Here’s to 30 more years!
Click here to see more photos from the CET Shanghai event
Click below to read more about CET 30th Anniversary events, contests, photos and videos:
- 30th Anniversary Celebration in Washington DC: http://cetacademicprograms.com/2012/05/25/photos-from-the-cet-30th-anniversary-celebration-and-networking-event/
- 30th Anniversary Celebration in Beijing, China: http://cetacademicprograms.com/2012/07/13/photos-from-the-cet-30th-anniversary-celebration-and-networking-event-in-beijing-china/
- 30 Top Ten Lists for CET’s 30th Anniversary: http://cetacademicprograms.com/category/30-top-ten-lists/
- Alumni Video/Blog Contest: http://cetacademicprograms.com/category/alumni-blogvideo-contest/
- Alumni Photo Contest: http://cetacademicprograms.com/category/alumni-photo-contest/
The deadline for the Freeman-ASIA study abroad scholarships is quickly approaching!
Freeman Awards for Study in Asia (Freeman-ASIA) provides scholarships for U.S. undergraduate students with demonstrated financial need to study abroad in East or Southeast Asia.
Student Application Deadline – April 4th, 2012. Adviser Endorsement Deadline – April 11, 2012. Applicants should have a minimum 2.8 GPA. The program’s goal is to increase the number of Americans with first-hand exposure to and understanding of Asia and its peoples and cultures. Awards of up to $3,000 are available for summer programs.
Award amounts range from a maximum of $5,000 for a semester/quarter program to a maximum of $7,000 for an academic year program.
Freeman Awards for Study in Asia (Freeman-ASIA) U.S. Student Programs Institute of International Education
809 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017-3580
Tel: (212) 984-5542
Fax: (212) 984-5325
Enter for a chance to win great prizes, including a trip to Washington, DC to attend the CET 30th Anniversary Celebration on May 10, 2012!
- All contestants must have completed a CET semester, summer or JanTerm program.
- All contestants must be registered on the CET Alumni Record.
- Alumni may submit up to three photos. While photos should fall into at least one of following categories, we encourage alumni to submit images of special memories or moments that they feel best represent their CET experience.
- Places (architecture, scenic views, places of interest): Photos should show host city sites of interest, or destinations visited during a CET program excursion. Photos may or may not include people.
- Engagement: Photos should show CET students interacting with the local community in everyday life. Photos may include CET roommates or faculty, or members of the local community.
- Culture & Customs: Photos should show local celebrations, festivals, rituals or events.
- Academics: Photos should show classroom settings, guest lectures, extracurricular courses or program excursions.
CET has an array of fantastic prizes for the winning photographers. The first place prize is a trip to Washington DC (hotel and flight) to attend the CET 30th Anniversary Celebration on May 10, 2012!
- April 16, 2012.
- Winners will be announced April 23, 2012 on the CET blog.
- This contest is open to CET alumni only.
- Please submit high resolution JPEG photos only.
- Please submit no more than three submissions per alumnus.
- Photo must be submitted as attachments via email to: cetacademicprogramstv [at] gmail [dot] com.
- Please use this format to title photos: FirstName.Last Name# (ex: Marisa.Sterling01, Marisa.Sterling02)
- The submission email should include the following information for each photo:
- Your full name
- Name/Location/Term of the CET program attended
- Title of photo
- A short caption or description of the photo
- Home university/college
- Photos may be either images that you have taken, or images of you. If the latter, please credit the photographer whenever possible.
Please e-mail Marisa Sterling or call (+001) 800.225.4262, ext 7315.
Please note that CET reserves the right to keep any/all photos entered in the photo contest for promotional use. Promotional use includes, but is not limited to print, video and digital media. All photos will be credited when used. CET has the sole right to determine future use of all photos.