We were delighted to host the inaugural meeting of our National Advisory Council in our Washington, DC offices last month. This group was formed with the aim of bringing trusted advisors together to offer CET strategic direction on program development, organizational priorities such as diversity and inclusion, and emerging issues in the field.
We also wanted the gathering to be an opportunity for colleagues at peer institutions to be able to exchange, compare and contrast among themselves – to “read the tea leaves together,” in one member’s felicitous phrasing — and thoroughly enjoyed the spirited and thought-provoking exchanges that ensued.
The deliverables now fall to CET’s leadership to identify and implement, but we are looking forward to featuring a panel of NAC members at our annual conference, RD Gras, to share and further develop the themes and insights that emerged from the meeting. Our most sincere thanks to the close colleagues who took time out of their busy schedules to join us, and we look forward to more brilliance from the NAC ahead!
Members of the National Advisory Council:
- Rebecca Bergren (Gettysburg College)
- Sara Dumont, DPhil (American University)
- Stacey Hansen (University of Virginia)
- Martha Johnson, Ph.D. (University of Minnesota)
- Michael Jordan (University of Michigan)
- Kelly McLaughlin (Yale University)
- Bob Miles (University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill)
- Tonija Navas (Howard University)
- Margaret Wiedenhoeft, Ph.D. (Kalamazoo College)