February 11 Update: Summer Application and Commitment Deadlines Extended
We are making two important changes regarding our summer programs in China:
1. We are extending the application deadline for our summer programs in Beijing, Harbin, Kunming, and Shanghai. The application deadline for these summer programs has shifted to April 1(previously March 1).
2. We are flexible with commitment timelines. Although we continue to ask students for a commitment within two weeks of their acceptance, we are happy to work with students to set a commitment deadline that is amenable to them. Furthermore, we will not hold deposits for students if their home institution’s policy prohibits travel to the host country.
We are making these changes because in this season of meticulously monitoring day-by-day news about China and the coronavirus, we understand there is increased need for both time and flexibility. We hope these changes help provide it.
As for our own summer planning, CET remains hopeful that we will operate our summer programs in China as usual. However, we are also preparing for all possibilities, possibilities that include increasing capacity in our Taiwan summer program.
Options for Summer Programs
As for our own summer planning, we remain hopeful that we will operate our summer programs in China as usual. However, we are also preparing for all possibilities, possibilities that include increasing capacity even further in our Taiwan summer program should the need arise after the April 1 application deadline.
For students looking for internship programs, our summer programs in Prague, Ho Chi Minh City, Amman, and Delhi are still open for applications.
Questions? Contact CET at 800.225.4262 or [email protected].
January 29 Update: We announce today that we have made the decision to cancel our spring 2020 college programs in China, due to the Wuhan coronavirus. We had hoped to operate our programs with a delayed start, but upgraded travel advisories from the CDC and US State Department suggest that it would be unsafe for students to travel to China in the near term. Recent decisions by international airlines to suspend travel to and from China are also a contributing factor.
We are working with sending institutions to find other opportunities for displaced spring students. Here are the options we are offering:
- CET China: Spring Multi-City: We will operate a semester-length program that begins in Beijing in late April for students looking to earn a semester’s worth of credit. More information on this program is available on our website. Applications are due February 26.
- Defer to Fall semester: Spring students will receive a $500 tuition discount if they are able to defer to fall programs.
- Limited space in Taiwan and Vietnam: We have expanded capacity in Taiwan and Vietnam. Learn more about these options.
- Full Refund: If you cannot attend an alternative CET program, we will provide a full refund of your program fees.
At this time, we expect that our summer and fall programs will operate in China as scheduled.
If you are a student or advisor with specific questions, we encourage you to reach out to us as soon as possible. Space for alternative options is limited.
Students, we know you have already invested a great deal in your spring plans, and we’re so sorry that we have had to make this decision. We hope we can help you defer your plans and take advantage of future opportunities to study in China.