Written by Tho Nguyen, (Student Correspondent) University of Kansas
CET Public Health & Service-Learning in Ho Chi Minh City, Summer 2015
Happy July! This is my 4th week in Vietnam and I’m proud to say that I have managed not to be boring abroad! Whoo! Thanks to my relatives, fellow CET friends, and Vietnamese roommates, I have been able to do a lot of things. However, I am not going to share just any experiences, I am going to share with you all the things I’ve done for the first time while being here!
1. My first time seeing a pink church. Yes. PINK. I didn’t think it would fit but it was beautiful!
2. My first time seeing a parking lot in Vietnam. It was just so “unusual” seeing motorbikes instead of cars… I don’t know what I expected to see, haha.
3. My first time seeing a garden on the second floor and a giant mixer! This was at the Reunification Palace.
4. My first time seeing an acrobatic show at Saigon Opera House. Both the show and the architecture of the place were enchanting.
5. My first time being so deep in the ground. I was on a field trip to Cu Chi Tunnels as part of the program. It was a very interesting experience crawling through the tunnel.
6. Best of all – food. They were all delicious!
Bonus: The food in the last picture was actually not my first time eating it. However, it was my first time eating by a river!