Join NAFSA in celebrating international education—enter NAFSA’s second annual video competition and highlight your international education programs. Share your videos showcasing the real and positive impacts of international education.
Submit a video (five minutes or shorter) by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on Wednesday, April 17. The winning videos will be featured at the 2013 Annual Conference & Expo in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. Visit the contest home page for more details.
CET is celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2012. The first CET group studied in Beijing in the summer of 1982 and over a quarter-century later, we headed south to Shanghai, launching a program there in 2008. Last month, CET alumni, staff, faculty, roommates and study abroad professionals came together at the M on the Bund bar/restaurant to celebrate 30 wonderful years, the vibrant and growing field of study abroad, and one of the world’s most dynamic cities: Shanghai. Executive Director, Mark Lenhart shared with guests how excited he was to be thirty years old, and introduce CET alumnus, Jamie Fleishman. Jamie studied abroad with CET in Beijing during the Spring 2010 and recently won first place in the CET alumni video/blog contest. Watch his first place alumni video here: http://cetacademicprograms.com/2012/05/11/happy-birthday-cet
In addition to showing his winning alumni video, Jamie also introduced The Stars of CET video, which features footage from the 30th Anniversary events held in Beijing this past June.
Check out The Stars of CET video here:
Here’s to 30 more years!
Click here to see more photos from the CET Shanghai event
Click below to read more about CET 30th Anniversary events, contests, photos and videos:
- 30th Anniversary Celebration in Washington DC: http://cetacademicprograms.com/2012/05/25/photos-from-the-cet-30th-anniversary-celebration-and-networking-event/
- 30th Anniversary Celebration in Beijing, China: http://cetacademicprograms.com/2012/07/13/photos-from-the-cet-30th-anniversary-celebration-and-networking-event-in-beijing-china/
- 30 Top Ten Lists for CET’s 30th Anniversary: http://cetacademicprograms.com/category/30-top-ten-lists/
- Alumni Video/Blog Contest: http://cetacademicprograms.com/category/alumni-blogvideo-contest/
- Alumni Photo Contest: http://cetacademicprograms.com/category/alumni-photo-contest/
While CET is proud of all our program alumni, we are especially happy to brag on a special group of returnees today!
Each year we invite approximately 50 students to serve as CET Campus Ambassadors upon their return from study abroad. Our hope is to give these CET program alumni a professional platform from which they can discuss their experiences abroad and internationalize their home campuses.
These students are nominated by our overseas staff as exemplary participants and leaders on their program. Members of our Campus Relations team train these students to organize events and coordinate projects which assist study abroad offices and appropriate academic departments. These outreach projects include things such as helping at a PDO, writing an article about study abroad for a school newspaper, teaching a cooking class or presenting at a conference. Creativity is certainly encouraged!
The 50 Campus Ambassadors then write reports, submit reflective essays, and gather recommendations for a committee that evaluates the professionalism of their projects, creativity, depth to which they internationalize their home campuses, and level of helpfulness.
This year the top five CET Campus Ambassadors were given a partial plane ticket in order to return to the country where they studied abroad! Congratulations to the following students who were selected for their excellent CET alumni achievement for the 2011-2012 academic year:
* Quincy Ross – Vanderbilt University – Chinese Studies & Internship in Shanghai
* Terral Boisfontaine – Vanderbilt University – History of Art & Italian Studies in Florence
* Julie Hooper – Bowdoin College – History of Art & Italian Studies in Siena and Intensive Italian Language in Sicily
* Tin-Yan Chan – Clark University – Vietnamese Studies & Service-Learning in Ho Chi Minh City
* Melanie Bianco – University of Virginia – History of Art & Italian Studies in Siena
Each year, our students do amazing things with the award. For example, a China program alum won the award two years ago, and she returned to do volunteerism for an extended period of time. Two girls who studied in Siena for a semester used it to return and see the biggest event of the year there which takes place each summer – the Palio.
Everyone at CET would like to thank our 2011-2012 Campus Ambassadors. They have worked hard throughout the year and certainly deserve recognition! We are incredibly proud of all CET alumni who tell others about the value of study abroad and share what they learned with their classmates and communities.
Enter for a chance to win great prizes, including a trip to Washington, DC to attend the CET 30th Anniversary Celebration on May 10, 2012!
- All contestants must have completed a CET semester, summer or JanTerm program.
- All contestants must be registered on the CET Alumni Record.
- Alumni may submit up to three photos. While photos should fall into at least one of following categories, we encourage alumni to submit images of special memories or moments that they feel best represent their CET experience.
- Places (architecture, scenic views, places of interest): Photos should show host city sites of interest, or destinations visited during a CET program excursion. Photos may or may not include people.
- Engagement: Photos should show CET students interacting with the local community in everyday life. Photos may include CET roommates or faculty, or members of the local community.
- Culture & Customs: Photos should show local celebrations, festivals, rituals or events.
- Academics: Photos should show classroom settings, guest lectures, extracurricular courses or program excursions.
CET has an array of fantastic prizes for the winning photographers. The first place prize is a trip to Washington DC (hotel and flight) to attend the CET 30th Anniversary Celebration on May 10, 2012!
- April 16, 2012.
- Winners will be announced April 23, 2012 on the CET blog.
- This contest is open to CET alumni only.
- Please submit high resolution JPEG photos only.
- Please submit no more than three submissions per alumnus.
- Photo must be submitted as attachments via email to: cetacademicprogramstv [at] gmail [dot] com.
- Please use this format to title photos: FirstName.Last Name# (ex: Marisa.Sterling01, Marisa.Sterling02)
- The submission email should include the following information for each photo:
- Your full name
- Name/Location/Term of the CET program attended
- Title of photo
- A short caption or description of the photo
- Home university/college
- Photos may be either images that you have taken, or images of you. If the latter, please credit the photographer whenever possible.
Please e-mail Marisa Sterling or call (+001) 800.225.4262, ext 7315.
Please note that CET reserves the right to keep any/all photos entered in the photo contest for promotional use. Promotional use includes, but is not limited to print, video and digital media. All photos will be credited when used. CET has the sole right to determine future use of all photos.